Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday

Hi,
Today my family (mom, sister and I) did a Bible study thing. We usually do this sort of thimg in the morning but sometimes it slips our minds. For those of you who don't know me I am homeschooled so I don't have to be at school at 7:30 in the morning! Anyway we learned about King Josiah and that he became the king at eight years old. My little sister is seven years old so I could only imagine the poor, hopeless people of that city, right? Wrong! It says in the Bible that Josiah smashed all the idols of Baal (a false god) and that he found and rebuilt the Temple (located in Jerusalem). Wow! I was really impressed. Not only did an eight year old know to stop people from worshipping false gods but he also knew that rebuilding a temple would be the right thing to do. Okay, I just read the passage again and he was 26 when he rebuilt the temple but still! Just wante dto tell you about that!

As of 8:50 a.m. on 8-24-10,
Olivia

1 comment: